Social Programme

Conference Dinner at King's Inns

Kings Inns Dining

Henrietta Street, Dublin 1
Friday 10 November at 18.30

The Honorable Society of King's Inns was formally established in 1541. It derives its name from King Henry VIII who was instrumental in ensuring that a lease of the lands at Inns Quay (where the Four Courts are now located) was transferred to the benchers. By the end of the 18th century, the government of the day decided that it needed a building in which to house permanent courts. Thus, in 1800, the noted architect, James Gandon, having just completed the Four Courts building, was commissioned by King's Inns to design the present buildings on Constitution Hill. Henceforward, these would be the headquarters of the Benchers and the School of Law. The primary focus of the school is the training of barristers but now it offers a Diploma in Legal Studies and a range of advanced diploma courses for both legally qualified and non-legally qualified participants.

King's Inns comprises benchers, barristers and students. The benchers include all the judges of the Supreme and High Courts and a number of elected barristers. Many of the world-famous legal and political figures over the past centuries have been members of The Honorable Society of King's Inns, or former participants in our legal education courses.

King's Inns is one of the most important examples of Ireland's Georgian architectural heritage. King's Inns is also one of Ireland's most interesting social venues, built on a tradition of collegiality and fine dining.

Ireland v. South Africa Rugby International

Aviva Stadium

Saturday 11 November 2017

Kick Off - 17.30

&nbps;
&nbps;